Tuesday, November 14, 2006

CC training for OTB

Due to my cuurent job location, I can only play on the internet. At the moment, I am playing CC excusively and actually find it helpful. Why? I play it like a OTB by limiting myself to only 1min/move for the first ten moves and about 3.5 minutes/move for the rest. The crucial point is that after eevry move, I write down in excruciating details what my thought process was -- what checks, captures, threats I considered, what candidate moves I came up with, how I evaluated the postion and played my "best move", etc. This is very revealing as I learn many quirks about my thinking process.
 

2 comments:

Edwin 'dutchdefence' Meyer said...

Hey there! I came across your blog via Samurai's. I noticed you've got me on your sidebar :-) You shoulda dropped me a note or something. Because i believe a reciprocal link is in order :-)
I'll put you on my sidebar asap. And i'll be following your posts from now on. Take care!

SamuraiPawn said...

I'm adding you to my sidebar too. Accept my humble apology for not adding you sooner. Or maybe you would prefer to settle this in a duel. ;)